Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Be Healthy YOUR Way

What works for me, may not work for you and vice verse. Finding your own synergy with health and wellness is a personal journey that you must embark on with patience and lots of self-love. We all want that quick fix, drop 10 pounds before vacation or a wedding, so we join a weight loss program or begin counting calories. Well, I don't know about you, but when I was in my 20's and 30's that seemed to work just fine – now that I am smack dab in the middle of 40, I felt the jig was up. The weight was creeping on, running 3 times a week and counting calories wasn't working. On top of that I was tired all the time, my body ached and I just didn't like myself very much. 

Enter peri-menopause and a lovely diagnoses of Adrenal Gland Insufficiency. Ok, now what? So I began working with an amazing Compound Pharmacist in Oakdale, MN with a regimen of plant based supplements to support my adrenal glands and help build my cortisol levels back up where they should be. But I had to do more – it was time. My time.

This is where I stopped eating refined sugars, processed white flour and switched my diet to whole grains, green leafy vegetables and fruits. I've always been a runner, but I began incorporating strength training, yoga and core exercises into my routine. The result? I am slowly seeing my weight return to where I want it, I have more energy and overall just feel fit for 45. I like myself again.

This journey began last October and will continue for the rest of my life. Being healthy MEANS something to me now. In this blog I would like to share things that are working for me and hope that you will share what works for you. We can help one another find "our healthy"!

No comments:

Post a Comment